Monday, December 16, 2013

Honored at National Volunteers Awards (V Awards) 2013 Grand Finale



"The whole world is in a crisis, political instability in the Middle East, rising poverty and hunger in Africa, corruption in South and East Asia and economic crisis in Europe, but the young people all over the world are worried about the climatic changes which will affect their lives. They, more than anyone else, understand the urgency of finding solutions to our global environmental problems. Presently, the health and wellbeing of millions and millions of youth are at environmental risk. The links between the health of our environment and the socio-economic challenges inspired me to ACT now. Today we talk a lot about climate change and environmental challenges in the local and the International desks, but I am one of the youth who really walk the talk.


I believe YOUTH, have the direct access to the general public, government bodies, NGO's, school students, corporates and to other stakeholders.  This entry points had encouraged me to implement his energetic and fresh ideas in the grass-root level. My initiatives may be small, but may have a big impact; I am doing the best he can. I believes on volunteerism, which matters me a lot, It’s a new learning platform, it’s a place to make things better, to make a change, to bring smiles to faces, meet people who I have never met. I believes that time does not matter to be a volunteer; it’s all about passion and desire to give something back, which is embedded in my activities"







No comments:

Post a Comment