Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Experience at Asia Youth Leaders' Summit 2013




It was a great pleasure to be a youth speaker for the Asia Youth Leaders’ summit 2013, held in New Delhi, India this October.

The three day conference was packed with many sessions to develop capacities on various issues and share success stories among delegates.

As a Youth Speaker I took this opportunity to inspire number of youth delegates by sharing success stories and best practices. AYLS was a platform do be inspired, I met some of the youth activist who have been doing some amazing stuffs in their community, one of them was Rajkumar from a rural village in Chennai, who have been working with marginalized group on health and education. Another friend from Delhi who has been working with sex workers on rehabilitation, these are just few projects I really got inspired about. This platform gave me the opportunity to network and meet as much as youth from the CYP Asia region. During the technical sessions I was able share "YOUTH is the word" project which inspired many participants.

I would say AYLS was a key important meeting to think about the future of Asia Youth Council, which is a key strategic step to synergize the Asian Youth to shape the future as we want. AYLS was a memorable summit in my life, because I received the trophy of the Commonwealth Youth Award 2012 and a certificate signed by Secretary General of Commonwealth Secretariat, which is one of the major achievements in my life.

I believe these kinds of events will provide youth leaders to be inspired and inspire the next generation of youth.





No comments:

Post a Comment